Ceph Community Newsletter, August 2020 Edition
Outeachy December 2020 ¶
Illya Dryomov gives a code walkthrough of the Linux Kernel RBD client. Catch our next walkthrough with Patrick Donnelly on the metadata servers with Ceph FS September 29th at 17:00 UTC.
Project updates ¶
- Racially charged terms have been eliminated from the Ceph codebase. A few configuration options and commands have been renamed. Details in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/PendingReleaseNotes
- Proceeding on establishing the Ceph Dashboard backend as the new official Ceph REST API. See https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/40907 for more details and ongoing activity. The intention is to deprecate the restful module in Pacific (and remove it post-Pacific).
- Landing Page improvements (new widgets, improved ordering) have been merged (can we include the screen shot from the PR?): https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/36476
- Ability to deploy Ceph services via Orchestrator by using ServiceSpec: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/36119
- WIP: Assign flags (e.g. “noup”, “nodown”, etc.) to individual OSDs: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/36449