Cephalocon Barcelona aims to bring together technologists and adopters from across the globe to showcase Ceph’s history and its future, demonstrate real-world applications, and highlight vendor solutions. Join us in Barcelona, Spain on 19-20 May 2019 for our second international conference event!
Cephalocon Barcelona is co-located with KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe, which takes place over the following three days (May 21-23). You can register for Cephalocon directly, or as an add-on while registering for KubeCon. There is also a reduced price option for academics and hobbyist who do not have employer sponsorship to help cover their attendance.
The schedule for Cephalocon has been published and features more than 40 speakers over four tracks and two days. Topics include
- Ceph roadmap from the project's lead developers, and latest features in Ceph Nautilus
- Ceph and Kubernetes, including several talks about Rook (a CNCF project for deploying Ceph in Kubernetes). There will also be a 90-minute tutorial on deploying Ceph with Rook 1.0 on bare metal SSD nodes
- Reports on production deployments from some of Ceph's largest users, including China Mobile, CERN, OVH, MeerKAT SARAO, and many more.
- Operations tips and tricks from the experts
- Multi-site replication and federation for block and object storage
- Object store pub/sub and serverless computing with knative
- NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI: using Ceph to support legacy storage protocols
- Ceph on ARM
- Project Crimson, a high-performance rewrite of the Ceph OSD targeting next-generation all-flash and persistent memory hardware platforms
Our first Cephalocon conference was in Beijing in March of last year and drew more than 1000 attendees over two days. We look forward to another successful event in Barcelona, this time with an emphasis on content around running Ceph on and for Kubernetes and container workloads.