v0.80.4 Firefly released
This Firefly point release fixes an potential data corruption problem when ceph-osd daemons run on top of XFS and service Firefly librbd clients. A recently added allocation hint that RBD utilizes triggers an XFS bug on some kernels (Linux 3.2, and likely others) that leads to data corruption and deep-scrub errors (and inconsistent PGs). This release avoids the situation by disabling the allocation hint until we can validate which kernels are affected and/or are known to be safe to use the hint on.
We recommend that all v0.80.x Firefly users urgently upgrade, especially if they are using RBD.
NOTABLE CHANGES ¶
- osd: disable XFS extsize hint by default (#8830, Samuel Just)
- rgw: fix extra data pool default name (Yehuda Sadeh)
For more detailed information, see the complete changelog.
GETTING CEPH ¶
- Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
- Tarball at http://ceph.com/download/ceph-0.80.4.tar.gz
- For packages, see http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages
- For ceph-deploy, see http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/install-ceph-deploy