We found a few critical problems with v0.56, and fixed a few outstanding problems. v0.56.1 is ready, and we’re pretty pleased with it!
There are two critical fixes in this update: a fix for possible data loss or corruption if power is lost, and a protocol compatibility problem that was introduced in v0.56 (between v0.56 and any other version of ceph).
- osd: fix commit sequence for XFS, ext4 (or any other non-btrfs) to prevent data loss on power cycle or kernel panic
- osd: fix compatibility for CALL operation
- osd: process old osdmaps prior to joining cluster (fixes slow startup)
- osd: fix a couple of recovery-related crashes
- osd: fix large io requests when journal is in (non-default) aio mode
- log: fix possible deadlock in logging code
This release will kick off the bobtail backport series, and will get a shiny new URL for it’s home.
- Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
- Tarball at http://ceph.com/download/ceph-0.56.1.tar.gz
- For Debian/Ubuntu packages, see http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/debian
- For RPMs, see http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/rpm