This release contains a few key fixes for v0.42:
- fixed osdmap encoding for older clients. In particular, v0.41 versions of things like librbd won’t crash talking to v0.42 daemons.
- ceph-dencoder and man page are included in the rpm and deb
- ceph.spec file is fixed
If you are upgrading, upgrade to v0.42.2, not v0.42. Ignore v0.42.1: I forgot to include the encoding fix and didn’t notice until after I’d pushed the tag.
You can get the latest from the usual locations:
- Git at git://github.com/NewDreamNetwork/ceph.git
- Tarball at http://ceph.newdream.net/download/ceph-0.42.2.tar.gz
- For Debian/Ubuntu packages, seehttp://ceph.newdream.net/docs/latest/ops/install/mkcephfs/#installing-the-packages